Appendix: Terminology, Acronyms, Terms Used
- ACL - Association for Community Living.
- Best Buddies - Program that matches university students with people with an intellectual disability for social activities.
- CareerCrusing - Software program used to identify/match for First participants their interests and skills with jobs.
- CCRW - Canadian Council for Rehabilitation and Work.
- DSP - Disability Support Program, A NB government project sponsored by the department of Social Development which offers people with disabilities in the development of their personal disability support plan with individualized funding.
- FT - Full Time job.
- FUN-NB - Name for provincial family network sponsored by NBACL.
- Inclusion Toolkit - and additional resources on the NBACL website.
- NBACL - New Brunswick Association for Community Living.
- NBCCSJ - New Brunswick Community College Saint John.
- Opportunities Fund - Federal government program for funding employment projects.
- PATH - Planning Alternatives Tomorrow with Hope goal setting program for participants.
- PETL - Post Secondary Education and Labour.
- PT - Part Time job.
- Retention Program - Employment program for social assistance recipients.
- SARS - Social Assistance Recipients.
- SD - Social Development department of the provincial government that deals with SARS.
- SJ - Saint John.
- SJACL - Saint John Association for Community Living.
- Special Olympics - An association that offers recreational and sports opportunities to people with an intellectual disability.
- Student Loans - Government of Canada Student Loans.
- TESS - Training and Employment Support Services - Program that supplies support services to participants, i.e, job coaches.
- Training and Skills Development - Government program that provides financial assistance to people with disabilities to continue with training and education.
- Work Ability - Provincial government program that supplies short term assistance to business who hire participants.
- Work Force Expansion - Provincial government program that supplies longer term assistance to business who hire participants.
Funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of New Brunswick through the
Canada-New Brunswick Labour Market Agreements.
Financé par le gouvernement du Canada et la province du Nouveau-Brunswick dans le cadre des
Ententes Canada/Nouveau-Brunswick sur le marché du travail.
Copyright © 2010 SJACL. All rights reserved.